Cold-brewed iced coffee

On my desk today, and more attractive and tasty than the fly in the last post, is a yummy glass of iced coffee made with this recipe. My usual method for making iced coffee is to brew some super strong stuff in the drip coffee maker, dump in some sugar, let it cool, and keep it in the fridge. When I want to drink some, I pour half a glass and fill the rest with milk. But the recipe for this one doesn't involve any appliances whatsoever. My verdict: straining the grounds through a coffee filter takes a long time. (In the future I'm making it in a French press.) The resulting coffee has a slightly less acidic, smoother taste. It's really good. (Oh, and I didn't add more water to the concentrated mixture like the recipe instructs. I just added milk. Creamier! And supports the dairy industry!)

By the way, if you want to know how much coffee you can get away with before it's fatal, see here.
You have read this article recipes with the title Cold-brewed iced coffee. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2008/07/cold-brewed-iced-coffee.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Cold-brewed iced coffee"

Post a Comment