Spiffed up onesies



These are the results of a recent baby gift-making session. My first time to applique something. Here's how I did it, in case you want to do it, too. But I bet there are lots of really good tutorials out there somewhere if you need step-by-step pictures.
1. I walked up to the cutting counter at Joann fabrics and asked for something that would let me iron one fabric onto another and make it stick there. They stared at me blankly for a moment, then gave me a chunk of Heat 'n' Bond.
2. I kept the Heat 'n' Bond under my bed for 5 months. (This step is optional.)
3. I washed the onesies. And dried them, too.
4. I roughly cut out a small piece of pretty fabric containing the design I wanted, and a smaller-yet piece of HNB that would fit under the design, then ironed the HNB onto the fabric chunk, following the directions that came with it.
5. I cut out the shape I wanted.
6. I pulled off the paper backing, positioned it on my garment, and ironed it on.
7. I zigzagged around the edges with my machine. Done.
You have read this article baby / fabric / tutorials with the title Spiffed up onesies. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2007/05/spiffed-up-onesies.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Spiffed up onesies"

Post a Comment