My new roman shade

Guys! Look at the latest addition to our house: a roman shade made by Rachel Epperson, owner of The Needle Shop. When we were in Stockholm earlier this year, we found this fabric in a shop and I was instantly smitten. I think I drooled on it a little. Rachel immediately snatched it up and offered to make me present. My understanding is she went to Home Depot, bought some wooden dowels and a couple doodads, waved her arms around, and this was the result. You can't even see the drool now. It's so fantastic I can hardly stand it.



The fabric is by Almedahls, designed by Kerstin Boulogner in the 1950s. It's available by the yard at Hus & Hem or as a tablecloth at Huset. And if you live in Chicago and want to learn how to make your own roman shade, The Needle Shop has a class.

You have read this article home with the title My new roman shade. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-new-roman-shade.html. Thanks!

No comment for "My new roman shade"

Post a Comment