Curtain turned tote bag

At a moving sale recently, I picked up an old curtain with a few holes. Yesterday I sewed it into a little tote, just the right size for taking a novel or two to the coffee shop. The fabric is pretty heavy, so I didn't line it; just used French seams to hide the raw edges, which works beautifully. And I like to think it gives the bag a certain cosmopolitan air, because "French seams" sounds so fancy and sophisticated. For an excellent tutorial on making a simple, unlined tote bag, click here. I sure wish I could see the original room that had blue peacock drapes.

Update: Just in from the woman who sold me the curtain: It originally belonged to her mother-in-law, a decorating genius named Ozie Lee. These panels hung in a living room with a plum couch, light blue walls and a bright green rug. Sounds rather wonderful to me.
You have read this article bag / sewing with the title Curtain turned tote bag. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2010/02/curtain-turned-tote-bag.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Curtain turned tote bag"

Post a Comment