Craft Social was a hit

I'm back in town after a week away. We visited my family, then spent a couple days in Des Moines on our way back to Chicago. (If you're ever there, you have to eat here and here. Amazing. And visit this lovely little shop while you're at it.)

Craft Social, the big event I helped organize the night before we left, went great as far as I can tell. I'm dying to do it again. About 100 people showed up, and I'm not kidding when I say that every person I talked to was so completely friendly and wonderful that I concluded crafters are the nicest people on the planet. And I started hearing rumors from different corners of the room that we need to do a craft lock-in. You know, like in high school, except we make stuff all night long. Just put some cots in the corner in case we get tired. Um, we'll save that brilliant idea for later, but in the meantime, we're already talking about when the next Craft Social might be.

And so that we can stay connected and share our work with each other, here are two new Flickr pools:
Chicago Craft Social, for pix of your projects from the event.
Chicago Craft Community, for pix of other projects you've worked on.

Our hope is to better connect Chicago area creatives and build community. And for those of you who contacted us about holding a Craft Social in your town, we're working on a little package of graphics and guidelines to make things easy for you. Stay tuned!
You have read this article events with the title Craft Social was a hit. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2009/06/craft-social-was-hit.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Craft Social was a hit"

Post a Comment