Saturday sewing

Eager to make something out of the new fabric, I tried out My Spare Time's free pleated purse pattern. I made the straps a little bit longer so I could wear a coat and still fit the bag over my shoulder. And since this is made of nice, sturdy canvas, I skipped putting in interfacing. This tutorial for inserting magnet snaps was helpful, too.

Yes, uh, "mistakes were made," so my seam ripper got a good workout. The moment it was finished I vowed I'd never sew another thing again, like I always do, but today I think it's cute and I've already forgotten the trauma. (Sounds like my mom friends describing labor. Ha.)
You have read this article fabric / sewing / tutorials with the title Saturday sewing. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2009/04/saturday-sewing.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Saturday sewing"

Post a Comment