Books galore!

There's a stack of fabulous books on my desk right now that you might find inspiring. Starting with City Chic: The Modern Girl's Guide to Living Large on Less. I love the premise, and it's chock full of useful tips, ideas, websites, and recipes that will help you save money while enjoying the good things in life.

Sew What! Bags: 18 Pattern-Free Projects You Can Customize to Fit Your Needs is wonderful. If you're a sewer (excuse me, "sewist"), especially one that's daunted by sewing patterns (me!), get this right now. The photos, fabrics, and projects are completely inspiring, and you'll feel happy just looking at it. I kept thinking, "This is my style. I would make that. And that. And that." It's a spiral bound hardcover so it lays flat, and it's a great price!

This is a page from Material Obsession: Modern Quilts with Traditional Roots. I've never made a quilt, and normally all those crazy patterns thrown together in one place make me a little nauseated, unless they're carefully coordinated. This how-to quilt book had some that didn't make me barf, which is high praise coming from me. And the photos are styled beautifully. You might like it.

I'm not a knitter, either, but if I were, I'd try to make these slippers from Weekend Knitting: 50 Unique Projects and Ideas.

Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing: More Than 40 Projects and Ideas for Inspired Stitching is also very lovely. The instructional illustrations are completely charming, and the projects include such things as slippers, bags, clothes, you name it. You can even learn what Heather likes to listen to on her iPod when she sews.

It looks like I have many, many projects on which to procrastinate now. Excellent.
You have read this article books / shop with the title Books galore!. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2009/03/books-galore.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Books galore!"

Post a Comment