5-minute cake in a mug

Since the last post got me in the mood for chocolate, I had to try this crazy-sounding recipe for microwaved cake in a mug. Verdict: not bad. I don't know what wattage my microwave is, but 2 min. 30 sec. was plenty of time. I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa because that's all I have at the moment. And I didn't have cake flour so I used regular. It came out with an interesting, slightly rubbery texture that's pleasant in a fascinating, springy kind of way. I think I will make this again. Maybe.

(Update: A link to a forum with hilarious reviews of a recipe like this is right here. If you don't make the cake, at least read a few of the comments about it. Actually, after you do that, you won't want to make the cake.)

(2/6/2011 Update to the update: I now consistently use Squirrel Momma's version of this recipe. I've tried three different recipes for chocolate cake in a mug, and so far hers wins.)
You have read this article recipes with the title 5-minute cake in a mug. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2008/11/5-minute-cake-in-mug.html. Thanks!

No comment for "5-minute cake in a mug"

Post a Comment