Make a garland from woven paper balls

I love paper Christmas decorations, so when I bumped into The Cheese Thief's woven paper ball tutorial, I had to give it a try. They're curiously addicting. Maybe I should carry some supplies with me to pass the time in long check-out lines, boring holiday parties, or during that weird Choreography number in White Christmas.

These are made out of paper and one piece of tape. You can cut your own strips (mine are 1/2" wide and 11" long, which yields a ball that's about 1 1/4" in diameter) or use shiny paper ribbon.

Hang them individually or glue them onto a wreath form. I'm stringing mine on baker's twine to add to the tree. Taping the end of the twine to a toothpick "needle" makes stringing them easier. I plan to space them out along the string, using a dot of hot glue to hold each ball in place where the twine passes through. Get the weaving instructions here!
You have read this article christmas / paper / tutorials with the title Make a garland from woven paper balls. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2011/12/make-garland-from-woven-paper-balls.html. Thanks!

3 comment for "Make a garland from woven paper balls"

  1. These are awesome. Going to share with some other artsy friends so they can learn to make them as well. Thank you for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any Church that wishes to motivate its guests may use non-woven printed tote bags to undertake so. This way more because non-woven tote bags are easily available in a variety of colours and fashoins and are the most wonderful giveaway gifts which a church provide its guests with. non woven bag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post! https://europa-road.eu/hu/nemet-fuvar.php

    ReplyDelete