How to make easy paint chip wall art

If your apartment needs some decorating, you can't draw, and you're broke, consider chopping up paint chips. (Yep, I'm still on the paint chip kick.) These are Glidden swatches from Home Depot made into a simple triangle pattern. I put it inside a mat and frame I already had, and it looks fairly respectable. Put anything inside a mat and frame and it will look respectable. Heck, you could frame a crumpled-up Kleenex and somebody will assume it's a very special piece of modern art.

To make this fancy paint chip art, cut swatches into triangles. I found it easiest to trim the swatches into strips first, then cut the angled sides using one triangle as a template.

I laid the shapes out in an arrangement I liked, then transferred them one by one to a sheet of paper cut to the size I needed. I ran the paper through my Xyron machine first to make it sticky, but you could also coat your paper with spray adhesive or attach your pieces with rubber cement or other adhesive.

Trim off any overhanging triangles, put it under glass, and you're done.
You have read this article decorating / tutorials with the title How to make easy paint chip wall art. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-to-make-easy-paint-chip-wall-art.html. Thanks!

No comment for "How to make easy paint chip wall art"

Post a Comment