How to make an infinity scarf the lazy way

Scarves are everywhere, which makes me want to resist them since everyone is doing it. But they're so comfy and nice and make you feel like you're wearing a cozy blanket. If you close your eyes, you can pretend you're still in your bed. Plus you can wear old jeans and a worn out t-shirt, and as soon as you add a scarf, your surprised friends will tell you how nice you look. At least that's what happens to me.

So I went to buy couple more at the mall, but was not impressed with $20+ price tags. Instead I found seller FABULACE on Etsy and bought a couple pieces of knit jersey for about $3 a yard. The piece I cut up for this scarf was 1 1/2 yards long by 60" wide, so that's enough to make two scarves!

There are a million infinity scarf tutorials on the internet, but the ones I saw all involve hand sewing where the loop joins together. That's for lovely people who are patient and care about doing a really nice job. This thing will get all wadded up around my neck, so I'm thinking no one will see that I sort of cheated and did not care about doing a really nice job.

I cut a rectangle of fabric 22" wide by 1 1/2 yards long.

I folded it in half lengthwise with the right sides together. I sewed along the open edge to create a long tube.

Then I turned the tube right side out.

To join the open ends together to form a continuous loop, on one end I turned the raw edges to the inside about 1/2". I stuffed the other end of the scarf inside the opening and pinned them together, then sewed along the pinned edge.

Keep the seam behind your neck or hidden under a loop of fabric, and nobody will be the wiser.
You have read this article sewing / tutorials with the title How to make an infinity scarf the lazy way. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-make-infinity-scarf-lazy-way.html. Thanks!

1 comment for "How to make an infinity scarf the lazy way"