DIY iron-on typographic tote bag

I enjoy an attractive script typeface now and then, so I've made a little printable featuring Wisdom Script. You can download the "Look on the Bright Side" graphic below and iron it onto T-shirts, pillows, or totes.

To make this tote bag, download the mirror-image design here. It's flipped so that the design will read correctly on the finished fabric.

Print the backwards PDF onto iron-on transfer paper. (I used HP Iron-on Transfers for light-colored fabrics.) Trim around the graphic leaving about 3/8" border around the lettering.

Place the design face down onto fabric and iron over it slowly using the cotton setting, no steam, for a minute or two. Let the design cool, peel off the backing, and you're all done.

Designs will be machine washable after 24 hours. When laundering, turn the fabric inside out and use cold water.

I know, I know! This type absolutely ought to be orange, but from experience I've learned that my inkjet printer has a grudge against orange. Very sad. Prints turn out muddy instead of vibrant, so I settled for red. To change the color, open the PDF in Adobe Illustrator, select the shapes, and choose a new color.

If you'd like to download the normal, un-flipped design, click here.

You have read this article bag / downloads / printable / tutorials with the title DIY iron-on typographic tote bag. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2012/08/diy-iron-on-typographic-tote-bag.html. Thanks!

No comment for "DIY iron-on typographic tote bag"

Post a Comment