Tagged

Emily of The Scoop and Patricia at A Little Hut both tagged me. I never know what to write for these things. Hmm...

Players list 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, players then tag 8 people by posting their names and leaving a comment at the tagee’s blog, to make sure they know they’ve been tagged.

1. I grew up on a farm in Minnesota. I have fond memories of looking under dried cowpies for night crawlers in the heifer pasture with my brother. Here's the place, from Google Earth. Hi Mom.


2. I met my husband at a summer program when we were in college. Afterwards we dated long distance for three years before getting married. During those three years, I made him mail me handwritten letters. None of this newfangled email! (I'm so sorry about that now, Alex. You have proved your worth.)

3. No kids yet. I keep dragging my feet. Fear of commitment. Perhaps because of early childhood experiences... here's me with my newborn brother. I still feel this way about babies.


4. I love CSI. I feel a little guilty about that, since what kind of person loves shows about violent crime? And doesn't love babies? Yikes. I do love kittens, though. That must count in my favor.

5. Pet peeve: when people don't scale images proportionately so they're stretched too tall or too wide. Hold down that shift key when scaling, people!

6. I found this Psalm, published in the 60s, and I still think about it. I really like it.

7. I also think about whether the time I spend reading magazines and blogs makes me more materialistic. I struggle with the tension between wanting things to be beautiful (which seems like a divine value), and wanting to buy them all (which seems like a non-divine value). How can I justify buying lovely placemats, when people are dying for lack of clean water? I worry about this. Now you have a little glimpse into my guilt-ridden psyche.

8. I'm usually the person who doesn't respond to chain emails and ignores blogging games, so I'm afraid I'm not going to tag anyone else. It's too hard to decide!
You have read this article random with the title Tagged. You can bookmark this page URL http://jenkrebs.blogspot.com/2007/08/tagged.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Tagged"

Post a Comment